Thursday, August 20, 2015

Murphy Ventures into the Arena and Lands Multiple Punches

Tonight was the second ACSA International Trivia night. Because of audio-visual problems at the beginning and low-bandwidth problems throughout the event, I wasn't able to find my footing; consequently we fell behind, I made mistakes, and felt (if not appeared) shaken. The event was lackluster. Well-meaning, but distracting heckling did not lighten my mood and make it easier for me. (I hope that he was able to help others). To top it off, the final scores were calculated incorrectly due to a small, but ultimately significant clerical error.

If I do it again, I simply cannot rely on their equipment and system because this is the second time it has caused significant problems. Everything will need to be downloaded onto my computer in advance and I will need to learn how to fix the equipment myself. Bummed.

This feeling is temporary. Better to focus on Jimmy Carter's courage. What an incredible man; what courage, such grace, and overwhelming gratitude.


No comments:

Post a Comment