Tuesday, June 17, 2014

What's Past is Prologue

A few years ago the New York Times documented "emerging adulthood." I remember that article vividly because it captured my demographic well and it was written with the same sense of bafflement, frustration and fascination that is often seen when one generation writes about another.

Recently I moved into temporary housing in Ballston and I'm surprised to discover how much I like it there.  The building is modern, the gym is well equipped, the metro is less than a block away and the Harris Teeter is ten minutes away.  The courtyard in front of my building hosts a weekly farmer's market on Thursdays, a Capital Bikeshare station, and the best lunch dollar-for-dollar in Washington: Potbelly's.

I felt so grown-up, mature and healthy.  I even signed-up for the rewards card and designated a school in Alexandria to benefit from my purchases at this store. And then I saw this at the Harris-Teeter.

Exhibit A of "Emerging Adulthood"

Well, at least it's reusable.

No comments:

Post a Comment